Deciding Right Technology & Platform for Your IT Needs
Deciding right platform for your IT needs is a difficult decision to take because of many options available currently. I would want to draw your attention towards options best suitable for different scenarios.
There are certain questions you need to ask yourself first before deciding technology and platform for your IT needs such as :
- Do I want to run this application locally or on web ?
- Does my requirement is a website, desktop application or web application ?
- Am I more budget oriented at the moment and do not want to spend money on buying technology tools used to develop my web application and hence prefer open source technology ?
- How much data my application plan to gather in short term and after 1-2 years.
Let me help you giving more details on some terms used on above questions to better understand them.
- Running the application locally meaning on your local machine or server or in the local network environment which is not accessible directly from an outside computer using internet directly like we open normal website.
- A website requirement with static information like, putting my company profile, products or services providing, contact details and Inquiry form
- A desktop application is an application like Accounting, Inventory but to run them in our local machine or server or in the local network environment not directly accessibly using internet.
- A web application which might be my existing local application mentioned above or hosted application for web users to access them publicly or privately.
So based on the above questions the options could be as below :
- If your requirement is desktop application and to run it locally, VB.Net with Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 and MSSQL 2005 or 2008 is a better option.
However I would recommend here choosing web application than desktop reasoning technical support from teams, keeping option open to make the application live so that can be used on web or from different locations easily.
- If your requirement is web application or dynamic website (like ecommerce, CMS etc.) and not involved large volume data, PHP5 with MYSQL5 is preferred. (MYSQL 5 has different editions to support large volume data also).
If your web application is more like typical desktop application then Asp.Net with framework 3.5 and MSSQL 2005 is preferred. However if you are more budget oriented and want to avoid license cost, then can choose PHP with MYSQL5
- If your requirement is creating an intranet or extranet Knowledgement library sort of web application or document management system with document workflow, Microsoft SharePoint Services (MOSS 2007) and/or Windows SharePoint Services is a better option.
There are many other options available for customized requirement and we would discuss them in our blogs later on. The purpose of this basic details is to help End Users not much technology savy. Get Corporate Identity Design Services, Corporate Identity Graphic Design, Corporate Branding Design, Custom logo design, company logo design services, corporate image design, brand identity design, corporate identity design samples, graphic design services, website design services, software development services, flash design services, multimedia presentation services, website promotion seo services, php programming services, asp .net application development services, erp application development, business product development services. php service covers joomla web application development, zencart application development, oscommerce application development, mambo, phpnuke application development. ASP .net application development, we have developed various web portals including Desktop application development, b2b portal development, b2c portal development services, specialized in ecommerce website design and development, dynamic website design, static website design, seo friendly web design services, contact us.
Thanks & Regards,